LAPTOP DC JACKS
The DC power jack is designed to replace the piece in your notebook laptop where the power plugs in from your AC power adapter. A damaged DC jack can cause your laptop or notebook not to power on. This DC jack should be used as a replacement when the solder connection has become loose or your center pin has broken.
Some symptoms of a bad DC power jack are:
- No power - will not turn on (dead), although the unit will still work if a charged battery is installed
- Moving or wiggling the AC adapter plug may help restore power, but only for a short period of time
- Unit randomly switching from AC to battery power and back
- Burning smell and / or smoke coming from the DC jack area
- Intermittent battery charging problems